Friday, February 13, 2009

Unconventional

I am one of those wierdie, unconventional mothers who genuinely enjoys hanging out with a three and almost one year old- over almost anyone else. Sure there are days I want to take a time-out from being a Mom but for the most part I just love their company, conversation, zerberts and smiles. I'm a closet Raffi fan. And Laurie Berkners music cracks me up. I could count all the times I've listened to adult music in the car in the last three years on one hand- but that works for me. I'm not ready to send Carter to preschool, especially not four days a week. When he's four I only want to do 2 or 3 days. And I'm not sending him to all day kindergarten. There ought to be a half-day option. I have thought about home-schooling but I'm honest enough with myself to know that I couldn't or wouldn't be able to give them the experiences they would need to truly excel academically. By the way, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with having your kids in preschool either, what's right for one family or child isn't right for another and I know we all just have to do what is best for our own kids and not have to worry about other parents passing judgement on us. Another confession- I want to have another baby and Elise is only 10 months old (though I am smart enough to realize my body needs to be in a better place first :). Thanks for reading this very jumbled cofessional, I just felt like getting these thoughts off my chest. I wonder if there are any Amish communities nearby- seems like they're onto something there...

Seriously- who can resist these giggles...

7 comments:

Bliss' said...

The video is way cute!!! We miss you guys and your cute kids.

Diana said...

That is seriously so funny. I love baby laughs, they are the best. I have thought so much about you since you left. I miss you so much already and I can't wait until we get to hang out again. Thanks for being my friend. You are wonderful!

Jessie said...

Well...Dawnelle my motto for having children is you do what is best for you. What is best for you might not be what is best for others and visa versa. You know your children better then anyone else.... :)

nicole said...

Ellie is so so so cute! How in the world did you already teach her to drink through a straw? Will you teach Maggie? And I've been wanting another baby since Mags was 3 months old, so I don't think you're wierd at all.

Amanda in GA said...

Oh my that is to darn cute! That got a real LOL out of me ;)

Rachel said...

That is absolutely adorable! Ellie is SO BIG! I can't believe how fast they grow.

Brittany Hall said...

That's a pretty deep chuckle for such a little girl! I'm totally with you about the Amish, you know I'd be there with my horse and buggy...