Tuesday, May 26, 2009

By jove, I think he's got it!

So after almost 6 years of marriage I do believe that Joe is beginning to "get" me! Thursday night I put the kiddos to bed and ran to see a movie with the ladies in my ward and when I came home I found an almost completely clean AND vacuumed house AND he had put all my dirt into my raised garden bed (something I have been procrastinating because there were 10 bags and each was 40 pounds). I noticed the second I walked in the door and my jaw literally dropped. It's not that Joe doesn't help around the house much (well, even he would admit he doesn't) but only a few times in our marriage has he ever done something all on his own like this. He said he did it because the next day was my birthday. It was the perfect gift! EXACTLY what I would want- he finally gets me!

5 comments:

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

WOW!!! That's awesome! Way to go Joe!! I hope the movie was good! Isn't it the best when you come home to things like that!?!

nicole said...

Ok, Joe and Jonny DEFINITLY need to hang out now so that some of this can rub off onto my husband.

Rachel said...

YAY for Joe!!!

Becca said...

props to Joe!

Jedda said...

ha ha! That makes me smile! Happy birthday too!