Friday, April 16, 2010

Song's We're Singing...

My kids get hung up on songs and we will listen to the same few over and over and over. Ellie and Carter each have favorite bedtime songs and car songs and "sing to me mommy" songs and I want to write it down so I don't forget. I am so grateful that my children appreciate and love music, that was very important to me because music is a big part of who I am and how I express myself.

**Carter's Bedtime Fave: I love to see the Temple (both verses, very important)
**Carter's Favorite Car song: Pop Fly by Justin Roberts
and This is the Day by Veggie Tales
**Carter's Go-To song if he's playing and lost in thought: Little Bitty by Alan Jackson (probably because we listen to it in the car so much, see below).

**Ellie's Bedtime Fave: Candle on the Water (from Pete's Dragon)
**Ellie's Favorite Car Song: Little Bitty by Alan Jackson
**Ellie's Go-To Song that drives me crazy: Mr. Turkey (Carter learned it at preschool)
also Running Down the Hill by Laurie Berkner Band

Unfortunately the only line from 'Little Bitty' that they seem to remember at will is "six pack of beer and a television set". Carter's preschool teachers probably think we're pretty redneck.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I'm so glad to see you guys are still alive! When are we going to hang out again?

Brittany Hall said...

Hmm. Little bitty? My kids love to listen to opera, so... :)