Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Carter T

Carter T is loving school this year. He goes to a 5 year old kindergarten class of sorts for 3 hours a day and I work with him on his reading, handwriting and science at home. He is proving to be a good student (thankfully, because as his teacher I was slightly nervous of my abilities). He is also a fantastic rule follower (for the most part).

He is my earlier riser and claims it is so boring until Ellie wakes up. Then the fun begins. He has been known to get her in trouble on many occasions because he will send her to do the things he knows he shouldn’t do (so is he really that much of a rule follower, hmmm…). I’m just glad they play well together now. Minus the princess stuff, he thinks that is “dumb”. That word has since been banned from the Benson home.

Carter is my fellow “puzzler”- he loves puzzles and will hum to himself as he tries to figure out where each piece goes. If I try to talk to him he will shush me, he needs to focus J. Carter is much like his Dad in that he is good at most things he tries. He is a great swimmer, has a fantastic batting arm, good bowler and a great reader. When he talks he uses his hands a lot- I see so much of me in him too. He loves paper airplanes right now and talks Dad into making a new one almost daily. And if you haven’t discovered Wild Kratts on PBS kids, he highly recommends that you do!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Walking in a Hayes said...

You should add "fabulous skier" to your list! He is awesome!!

Brittany Hall said...

I love kids who love puzzles! Such a nice quiet, civilized activity. If only all children could be that way. :)