Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Life Ever Changing

I am loving this age with my children. Carter is 6 and Ellie is 3. They love each other and they play reasonably well together. They will jump on the trampoline or play in the sand happily (okay, with regular mediation by me :) for hours. We don't have to take a stroller everywhere and I don't lug a heavy diaper bag with me everywhere I go. Carter is a good swimmer and Ellie kicks all around the pool with her life jacket on- happy and confident. Also they sleep, for 12 hours straight every night. I guess what I am trying to say is- I am 5 months pregnant with another little girl and struggling with starting over again. Aren't we allowed to be excited and worried all at the same time? The kiddos are MAJORLY excited about their new sister (though Carter kind of wishes it were a brother) for which I am very grateful. Ellie even shared her blankie with my tummy this morning- cute. I'm sure it will all be fine. Once this unborn child starts sleeping through the night- so basically we're talking next March/April...

6 comments:

Danielle Smith said...

Dawnelle! That's wonderful news! I have never waited long in between kids, so I understand not wanting to have to give up this easier way of life. ;) But also having never had much time in between kids to get used to not having to lug a diaper bag everywhere and bring a stroller, or not having to change diapers, I also know that there is a lot of joy and fun in having a little baby all of the time. I envy the convenience that older kids have, but I love having a sweet little baby here. I am sure you feel the same way. Maybe look at baby pictures of your kids to help get you in the mood. I am jealous of you having another girl!! It's a shame you don't live closer, our kids would get along well!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean. Ali will be 5 when this baby comes and I swear it will be like starting over. I haven't taken a true diaper bag with me anywhere for 3 years!

Bliss' said...

Congratulations on another girl! Remember she may not be like Ellie was as a baby. My third was easy going until recently. Three kids is an adjustment whether you have a gap or not. You'll do great!

nicole said...

Congratulations! I haven't had the joy yet of not having to lug around a diaper bag, but I'm sure you will get right back into the swing of things as soon as you hold that sweet little girl for the first time. Wish I was there to help you!

Jedda said...

Congrats Dawnelle! I'm thrilled for you guys. We have boy, girl, girl too and it's fun. I hope you are feeling well with your pregnancy.

Charsty said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!