Thursday, September 11, 2008

Best friends (aka Sibilngs)...

I could entitle each post "My heart is full" or "My heart is in my throat about to come out of my eyes in liquid form" or "No one told me being a mother could make me so stinkin' happy". I love to see my sweet kiddos interact together. Carter is the sweetest big brother. Always wanting to talk to Elise or show her a toy or put a sticker on her head- and she can't get enough of him! Today I was getting jealous because I was trying to talk to her and whenever Carter would drive his cars close by or say something she was craning her neck to see him and smile at him. I started giving them a bath together (I put Ellie's special tub in the big bathtub) and they were a riot! Carter would holler "squish" as he squeezed the water out of his washcloth and Ellie would laugh hyserically! Over and over and over. When I'm getting ready or making dinner I ask Carter to talk to Ellie and he'll lay next to her and let her play with his face and he'll make her laugh and she'll babble at him. Maybe Carter is just old enough or maybe they are just kindred spirits but he has never tried to hurt her, even on accident, and he never gets upset with her or the attention that she needs. I was so afraid to mess with the happiness that Joe and I had with our sweet little Carter, little did I know about the joy of siblings.

4 comments:

The Rylanders said...

I love this post. Siblings are the best! We miss you guys so much, and I will make sure when Isaac gets home from school that he sees these pictures of "his ellie." haha!

Jessie said...

Very cute!!! I am amazed how much they look like each other....those dark brown eyes, especially!!!

Me said...

soo cute!!

Brittany Hall said...

Siblings are great!! And your kids are so mellow and sweet, they'll probably never fight. :)