Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friends





We were lucky enough to have some friends from college come to visit us this week! The Rylanders moved to North Carolina a few months ago and braved the six-ish hour drive to come play with us for five whole days of kids-running-all-over-the-place fun! Maria, Isaac (3)and Abby (almost 2) came on Wednesday and Richie joined us all on Friday. Maria and I worked out every day (I'm trying to talk her into a half marathon with me), we took the kids bowling, the moms got pedicures, we watched olympic coverage and we got a babysitter and went on a double date (which was so fun though I think we were all exhausted, kids have a way of doing that to us parents:). Carter enjoyed having friends to play with, and learn to share with. Isaac has a little crush on Ellie (notice his arm around her:) and all you twilight fans will know what I mean when I say we think he may have imprinted:). It was wonderful to be with some of our core group of friends- we have missed them and are so glad to have them close (well, closer at least)!

2 comments:

The Rylanders said...

Oh we had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for putting up the pictures so fast! We miss you and we'll see you soon!

Amy said...

I'm so glad that they came down..but I am a little jealous of course! We miss you guys so much! BTW..Ellie is so cute!