Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Glad Game...

Here is my new motto for the day--"How can life be bad when it is so darn good?" Thank you so much for your comments and phone calls. I am so blessed to have good friends and family and I don't utilize that support enough. It's amazing how much better life looks after an evening with friends (even with the kiddos), good night sleep (Ellie must have known I was about to snap) and my sweetie back in town. Here's why life is going to be okay:

Joe is so good to talk things through with me, he reminded me that a highly effective form of torture is sleep deprivation- somehow that makes me feel better (instead of feeling crazy:). I wouldn't last 24 hours being tortured this way before I'd crack and blab everything. Good thing I know nothing.

To be fair to Ellie, she was sleeping 8-11 hours at stretch until about a week ago and last night she slept 12 hours only waking up once. It's because she sleeps so well that a sudden bout of sleeplessness throws me so much.

There is no defense to be spoken for our computer or the gas shortage or my running- they both suck (sorry). But I am going to take Rachel up on the offer for running help!

I KNOW I am supposed to have this organ calling. I may butcher the songs every week but I get to truly enjoy the sacrament in a way I haven't for almost 3 1/2 years- without children. And Heavenly Father knows I need that . But I still feel like I owe a public apology every week.

Carter played with friends last night and he is over playing with a friend right now and he is so happy about it. And when he's happy, I'm happy. It's hard to know what is best for your kids and as parents we just have to do what we feel is right. Even if it's different then what everyone else is doing or if we seem to overprotective.

I am so grateful that this weekend is Conference weekend. I know we have a wise Heavenly Father who knows that my batteries are getting low and I need a spiritual recharge. And thank you Bonnie for your comment, it really got me thinking. Today I've probably cried four times but it's because I'm grateful for what I do have. Maybe sometimes you have to get real low and humble before you see just how bright that light is at the end of the tunnel and you can see how immensely you are blessed.

3 comments:

Maria said...

YAY! I'm glad you are having a better day. It's never fun being a single parent even for a day or two! I'm glad Joe's home and he's helping you feel better. And it's so true how once you're used to sleeping all night, it is so hard when the kids have a rough night. Miss you guys!

Teuscher said...

Pollyanna had it right!

JTA said...

Hi. My name is Jeanine, a friend of Joe's from BYU. I check in on your blog every once in a while from Kristin and Kurt's. Anyway, I just had to Thank you for your honest blog about your funk. I am totally in one right now and it's nice to know I'm not alone. Way to go on the 10k. Running is always on my to do list, but with two kiddos, it rarely gets done. Hope things are looking up.