Wednesday, March 04, 2009

C is for Carter, and concussion


So on Saturday Carter received a giant bear hug from a friend that knocked him down hard onto the concrete. He cried quite a bit but we really didn't think anything of it. Sunday he seemed fine but then monday he was acting a little odd- he would fall asleep on the floor or his chair and he had no energy, he wouldn't eat much and he cried a lot. All VERY off behaviors for my child and yet I thought maybe he was just getting sick. When the behaviors continued on Tuesday I got worried. We figured, better safe then sorry and so Joe took Carter to the ER last night where he was such a trooper. He let them take his temperature, his pulse, touch his ouchie bump on his head and stayed very still through an entire catscan! Joe said he was so quiet and brave but often there would be little silent tears running down his cheeks. The catscan tech was very impressed that they didn't have to sedate our little munchkin. Apparently he had a little concussion and they call all of these symptoms part of post concussion syndrome. He's gonna be fine- but if he's anything like his Dad we are in for quite a few more trips to the ER in our future...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy!!! I hope he feels better soon! He really is such a little trooper, give him hugs for me!!

Unknown said...

This is Bonnie, by the way. I don't know why it is saying I'm Braeden.

Diana said...

poor carter! I had no idea a concussion could come so long after he fell. That is a little scary to me. I thought Lucy might have a concussion the other day (long story) luckily she seems to be fine. Miss you!

Jessie said...

Well, I hope that Carter recovers soon. He is such a sweet little boy!!

Bliss' said...

Thats so sad. I hope he is back to his normal self soon. Give him hugs and kisses from his Cali cousins.

Becca said...

poor thing!What a brave little guy!!!Hope he's on the up and up!