Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Memory Lane

What a wonderful morning I've had! Ellie and Carter woke up at 7:15 this morning but Ellie went back down at 8:45, Carter has been playing independently or watching a show and I have been looking through old pictures for over 2 hours! My parents sent me two huge boxes that have giant folders filled with pictures and souvineers of each year of my life. I've only looked through 3 years worth and I can't stop smiling :). I love remembering the crazy things we siblings would do- shaving cream fights, playing in the rain, and the mud. And remembering people from my past whom I love and miss- The DeShazers for instance, and the Pattersons. I've also found some wonderful blackmail photos, my favorite being the picture of my brother Bryon after we had painted his face to look like a clown- complete with mascara. Mostly it was important for me to remember how much I loved growing up in my family. I love that I know they loved me, I was practically a mother to Breckon, McKenna and Briley and they made me feel important. I love that we did fun things- we bummed around Disneyworld and Florida for almost a month, we scuba certified and went camping! My parents provided us opportunities to live, serve, and laugh and documented it all with a plethera of photos. Thank you for that. And thank you for loving me even though I wore a variety of deplorable outfits throughout my life and my hair was disgustingly long (you guys kind of dropped the ball there)...

4 comments:

Danielle Smith said...

I love that your parents provided you all with so many opportunities. Awww, you miss the DeShazer's! I feel loved. Sorry I was such an incredibly lame and annoying teenager. My how age changes us all!!

nicole said...

Where are these pictures? Scan them on here!

Bliss' said...

If you put the picture of Bryon on you will have his wrath to deal with. When I told him he says that he doesn't remember and cannot be held accountable for what his mom dressed him in.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That's awesome that you have all of that!