Sunday, April 20, 2008

Elise Marie Benson





In this brief window when our internet is working I'll jump in and post pictures of our sweet baby girl. She was born on April 15th at 11:48 pm. I was induced because I was terribly uncomfortable and they thought she'd be a big girl but the sweet little papoose turned out to be 7 lb 12 oz and 20 inches long. It was a long day but not an incredibly hard one. Joe and I played Canasta up until the time came to push (Sorry, maybe too much information) and my friend from church was our fabulous nurse (she even stayed over 2 hours afer her shift ended so she could be there when our little one was born- thanks again Emily! We hope you have since recuped some lost sleep!!) and my midwife could not have been better- and the end product is adorable. We named her about an hour before we left the hospital and we still call her baby sister out of habit. Carter loves her and loves to hold her- it's hard to get her back from him! We went to the hospital today, after we picked up Grandma Linda from the airport, to drop off some papers and things and when we got back to the car Carter said, "we're not going to return baby sister?". I said no and he was so happy!! Sweet boy, I'm glad he wants her home for keeps. Sorry for those of you we haven't called but should have, we love you but life is a little crazy right now...

13 comments:

Jessie said...

Yay!! Congrats...I am so glad that you and baby Elise are doing well.
She is soooo sweet and little. Hope that you are getting some rest. Let me know if you need anything

Maria said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet her real soon.

Maria and Ross said...

Congrats Dawnelle, she is darling. We can't wait to meet her. Hope you are doing well and getting some sleep.

Brittany Hall said...

wow, you look great in the pic at the hospital!! Joe looks worse for wear than you do! Congrats! :)

PerryParty3 said...

YAY! Congratulations! She is so adorable and sweet! I'm glad everything went well for you and that she's finally here! What a sweet name too!

Diana said...

Hurray!! Congratulations we are so happy for you guys. She is beautiful and look at all that dark hair! I got teary eyed at the picture of your cute family. We miss you guys so much!

Katie Page said...

Congratulations! She is a beautiful little girl.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! And you don't look like you just had a baby! I'm glad that Carter loves having his baby sister around! He is so cute with her! I'm glad you are all doing well! Let me know if you need anything! I hope to be there when the next one comes too! :)

Becca said...

congratulations on that sweet little girl of yours!!!How adorable!!! I hope you get some rest and recover well and soon!!!! hugs from the Dulgarians!

also known as shell said...

dawnelle she's beautiful

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I am so happy that everything went well. You are such a trooper. We can't wait for more pictures in the future.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

I've been meaning to call you to tell you congrats, but wasn't sure how you all were doing...some new mom's don't like lots of phone calls. But, it has been two weeks, right? So I think I'll call ya! I saw your hubby and cute little boy at Adler's b-day party. Hope all is well. I love the name Elise. It was on our list!!
xoxoxo