Monday, April 07, 2008

It's Spring (for the most part...)!

So I'm still playing catchup on the last month of our lives, here is another installment. Here's a picture of Carter on the first really warm day we experienced (that would be March 13th). He looked like an hunky little athlete until he insisted on throwing the tie on (aren't those shoes cute- thanks Grandma!). Carter is ALMOST three but he's started talking and reasoning like a much older child. Not only will he tell Dad "but Mom said I could", the other day he refused to take a nap and when I went up to tell him that Mommy was tired and really needed him to take a nap he said to me "Okay Mom, I'll watch Curious George while you take a nap". Really not a bad idea, so we did it- who's parenting who here?


Joe and I have decided to stop pretending we don't have a yard, we now wish we had gone with a smaller lot. Between mowing, raking, planters and weed control we are out there every night, though Carter could not think that was any cooler. He is very helpful, and he hangs out with Dad because his tools are cooler than mine (my trowel can't compete with the lawn mower) so I get to be outside in nature all alone- it's fabulous! We think when we get this yard under control it's really going to improve our relationship with our neigbors...

2 comments:

Walking in a Hayes said...

I love the picture with Joe and Carter both mowing the lawn! So cute!!!

Jessie said...

It is about time you do something with that yard!! Just kidding...when Joe is done come on over to our house :)