Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Locks of Love

Ellie has always loved having long hair and has been ADAMANT about not having it cut.  But she is also ADAMANT about not having it brushed.  Finally she decided the hair had to go.  This was not easy for me!  I love her pretty waterfall hair.  But, it had to happen.  We talked all about people who are sick in the hospital and lose their hair.  She loved the idea of giving them her hair, so off to the little girl beauty parlor we went.  She was so casual about the whole thing.  I was trying to not cry and she was smiling and watching Tangled.  She was adorable before, she is adorable now.  And we are learning about helping others.  It's a win-win.
Don't tell Ellie, but as I am writing this post and looking at these pictures- I MISS HER LONG HAIR!!

No comments: