Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worst birthday present ever

May 22nd arrived out of nowhere this year! We were focusing on all the end of school activities for Carter & Ellie and our visiting cousins and all of Carter's baseball games and then it was suddenly my birthday. We had plans to hang out with my family, but I had this nagging urge to get to the doctor first about a skin issue I had been having. I suspected it was a heat rash, but better safe then sorry. Off I went to the dermatologist with all 3 kids in tow. Turns out it wasn't a heat rash. I have shingles. They tell me I shouldn't be around pregnant women or babies. I should have laughed at them (considering my 7 month old solely nurses and never leaves my arms), but I chose to cry instead. It hasn't been terrible, probably since Joe has stayed home to help, but it hasn't been pleasant either. I have these patches that itch and hurt like crazy all at the same time and ALL the time. And apparently shingles is mostly an old person disease. Happy birthday to me.

1 comment:

State of Bliss said...

Aw, Dawnelle! That's terrible! Tyler has told me about shingles and it sounds simply miserable. I hope you get feeling better super soon and then you should have a birthday do over. I wish we lived closer so that I could come over and help!

Mara