Thursday, January 03, 2008

New York Trip...

I haven't been sleeping well so I'm trying a new thing, not taking naps. This is day 2 and although it pains me to not be unconscious when Carter is, it turns out that I find myself with an extra few hours on my hands every day! So- BLOG UPDATES!! I'm going to jump back to August because I don't think I posted anything about my big trip last year. My Mom, four sisters and I all took a trip to New York together this year. It was suppossed to be a childless trip for all of us but one of my sisters had a newborn and things didn't work out for me because Carter came into the city with us almost every day. Maybe next time...:). But both little people were great, they probably handled the long Manhattan days better than the ladies did but it was SO much fun! We got lost on the Subway regularly, ate delicious food and had a karaoke dance party with Joe's Dad as our DJ. We stayed with Joe's parents for the week and they were so fabulous to us! I know they must have been drained when we left but we are still so grateful to them for their hospitality. Here is a collection of our memories...



I forgot to mention that somehow Joe weedled his way into the end of our trip. He is always looking for excuses to go to New York and have his Mom take care of him (I can't compete:)

3 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

oohh....the no-more-nap transition. That's rough...especially when you're pregnant. Good luck! You look absolutely stunning by the way. Always have!

Brittany Hall said...

Good times! Brighton loves the pictures that move. Thanks for knowing how to add those- you'll have to show me. New York- what a blast of a trip!! We'll have to do one again!

The Rylanders said...

Dawnelle you look amazing!!! And what good talent Carter has with that picture taking...he may be on to something. I'm looking forward to reading your posts now that you're not taking naps. Although I recommend them, I still take them once in a while :)